Contact Me...

Wednesday, August 3

Baby Dean!

We had the small, but sweet baby shower for Sunny yesterday. Baby "D" reminded me again just how much I love newborns. He's such a peanut. I would have held him all day if others weren't vying for his audience. I was having the hardest time not nibbling his ears and toes. I refrained, but just barely (I won't admit that I had thoughts of stealing him) . It got me good and excited for my own little buddy to make his entrance. I'm not "over" being pregnant yet, but I'm definitely getting pumped up to have another little peanut in my own house.

Here's a brief history of Baby "D". A week ago Wednesday (April 22nd), Sunny and Rick got a phone call saying that they were FINALLY approved with LDS Family Services to adopt (it's quite the process in our state). From all of the stories they had heard, they were prepared to wait anywhere from 6 months to 2 years before being chosen by a birth mother. Little did they know, in a hospital somewhere in the vicinity, their son was being born. On, Thursday, they got a call from their social worker and were asked if they would be willing to take a baby that had just been born, and possibly pick him up the very next day. They said, "of course". There was a possibility of the baby going to another couple but, since it was such short notice, the social worker wanted to make sure that both couples were willing and able to take him right away.

~Baby D. How perfect is he?~

Friday morning they got the call to come pick up their son. We are all so overjoyed for them. They will make the very best parents. As a side note, the other couple who were being considered by the birth mother, never returned the social worker's phone call. The social worker took it as a sign.

I've just been thinking all week what a miraculous story this is. You never hear of an adoption happening so fast. It's obvious that this little boy was supposed to be raised and loved by them. Congratulations Sunny and Rick! He's absolutely perfect!

I got a call from Sunny and she asked me to take his newborn pictures...I won't lie, it took me several minutes to over my giddy giggles!

Enjoy this delicious slice of heaven. I'm giving you quite the feast.

~This is my favorite.~






~I love all his little pieces.~




~See the evidence of his PKU?~


~Dean strikes his Zoolander "Blue Steel" pose.~

~I just love the way he gazes at her every time she holds him.~


~And Sunny's no different.~

No comments: